Monday, November 26, 2007

Mourning Get This

Well it's over.
Friday was the final Episode of 'Get This', the best show on radio. Tony Martin, Ed Kavalee & Richard Marsland said their final farewell and rode off into the sunset on the Vengabus at 4pm on Friday. It was a sad day for all. But we sent them off with a bang! Luke & I headed down to the Dick Whittington Tavern where there was a party for the guys and their fans.

We got there at 2pm when the show started. We had organised with the Dick to be there and had the show playing over the loud speakers. Everyone was dressed up in their favourite Get This catch phrases, which did baffle everyone who came across us. The Get This fans are a weird bunch to say the least! To give you a taste some of the slogans were:
I'm payin money!
How come?
Assault! Assault! You touched me officer, sorry.
I'm Richard!
John Howard is as welcome as a yellow belly black snake at a BBQ!
This is dizzy stuff folks!

Just to name a few. See? Weird. But hilarious!

After lots of clapping and cheering and the end of the show the boys all came down to the pub to meet us all and thank us for their support. It was really a chance for us to show them how much we love them and for the guys to come and say their goodbyes to their loyal fans.

Now it wouldn't be a blog from me without lots of photos! So here they are!


Here I am, complete with baffling slogan!











And here is Luke with his equally baffling slogan.











Luke & I having a grand old time during the show.







Lachy Hulme & I. He told me I had bedroom eyes... I think I may have a crush on him now... He was a very lovely man.







This is the bottle shop. No jokes... Someone didn't think that through...








The guys giving a thank you speech after the final show. So sad...








Me with Ed Kavalee.









Luke with Tony Martin. What a good looking couple of boys they are!







And here is me with Tony Martin!












And finally, here is me with Richard Marsland.








And to cap it all off, here is a video I took of our anthem! If you don't listen to the show it may not mean that much to you, but it was awesome!



The boys will be sorely missed. But hopefully they'll be back in force before too long.
This is dizzy stuff folks.

12 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    They'll be back. Comic genius like that doesn't die so easily.

    Also, I can't believe that name got past the liquor store owners. Pure madness.
    Rob said...
    Do you really think it was an accident?
    Litha said...
    I know that Tony will be back, he'll be snapped up, but I'm worried I won't be able to get my daily recommended dose of Kavalee and Marsland
    Ludicrousity said...
    They boys said they might have a tv show net year which would be pretty cool! And they keep saying they want to stay together as a team. So here's hoping that they're all together next year still!

    And Rob, apparently the owner wasn't impressed with Tony last year when he pointed out it said the Dick Liquor and was going to say that on his radio show. So who knows...
    Ross said...
    Some radio exec with half a brain should team up Tony Martin with Shaun Micallef. That would be radio gold.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I was thinking that last week Ross. They are both geniuses!!!
    Luke said...
    Yeah, but do they click as a team? They have slightly different senses of humour and comic timing...

    Tony is more of an improv kinda guy. Shaun thinks his material out more.
    Dboy said...
    This is true.

    Which radio station?
    Ludicrousity said...
    Which station should pick them up?
    I'm not sure there really is one. The problem is that they don't fit anyone's demographic, so stations don't really want to touch them. Ed said they might be doing their show as a podcast.
    Dboy said...
    Lol, which station were they ON? You didn't say :)
    Ludicrousity said...
    Oh! Haha! They were on Triple M 2-4pm weekdays. Best show ever! Get some podcasts Dboy. The show gets better the more you listen to it, it's like a little mini culture. In jokes, running themes, continuing jokes. Really makes you feel like you're part of a little club!
    don't call me MA'AM said...
    One more thing that I won't ever be able to appreciate since I'm over "here." :-(

    Great photos, as usual!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates