Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Potential Job & Move

Gah! I might have to move interstate in 5 days and start a new job 2 days after that! I got a call from the Principal of Stuart High School in Whyalla, South Australia this morning saying they want me for an English/Maths position. Stuart High is a middle school, years 8 - 10. They've had increased enrollments this year so they need an extra teacher. They are waiting for confirmation of numbers, and if they have enough they'll hire me! I might actually have a job!

These last few weeks have been a little stressful as I thought I'd have a teaching job by now. I really thought I'd be able to get a job and it's been so hard. Anyone who thinks there is a teacher shortage is way off the mark. There hasn't been a teacher shortage for years, it's hard to get a teaching job.

I can't get one in Melbourne at all, so I branched out with the Whyalla jobs and it seems something might come of it! I won't know until Friday, but it certainly sounds promising! It's such a big move in such a short time! I'd really rather more than 1 day to prepare for such a huge job I very little about, but I guess I'll have to do what I can. The first couple of weeks may be a good time to buy stocks in energy drinks...

2 Comments:

  1. Mutt said...
    Awesome!

    Should I congratulate you? How certain is it?
    Ludicrousity said...
    No idea!
    I'll find out for sure tomorrow (Friday).

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates