Thursday, December 18, 2008

Richard Marsland's Memorial

Richard's memorial night on Sunday was truly amazing. It was a wonderful night of people getting together to celebrate Richard both as a person and as a professional. It wasn't cheap, nasty, or downright boring. There were lots of tears and lots of laughter. We started off just having some drinks, then there were lots of speeches interspersed with clips of Richard's radio and tv work. He truly was a talented man! Not a bastard, adrift in a blizzard of cocaine. I've never laughed so much at a memorial before! It was dizzy stuff folks! Then we went back to mingling and listening to some of Rich's favourite music. Although I didn't hear one semi by the sea, not did I hear about the rains in Africa. I got to meet so many amazing people and share in wonderful stories of Richard. Everyone was not just lovely about Richard, but also lovely to each other. It was beautiful. There was so much love in that room. Awwww how good is this?! After all is said and done, Richard was one of the best. He will be truly missed.

You may take my license, but you'll never take, MY TEQUILA!


Richard at the save Get This rally last year


Richard & I at the Get This final party last year


Lachy Hulme & I at Richard's memorial night

3 Comments:

  1. Luke said...
    *sighs*

    You will be greatly missed, Richard. We'll always have the podcasts...
    Anonymous said...
    Omg Lachy is totally hawt, he's just my type.. gimme.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I've been listening to heaps of GT podcasts and while they are still brilliant, it's not the same anymore.

    And yeah Nomi. He certainly is hawt...

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates