Saturday, September 15, 2007

Snow Adventures!

I know it's been a week, but I haven't had the time to blog. Sorry! Here are some pictures from the snow last weekend. I headed up to Mt Bulla with Anna, Rob & Alison. Sorry, "Alison". We had a really great time! We drove up Friday evening to stay just outside of Mansfield at Rob's parent's place. They just retired up there and built a lovely new house on a 5.5 acre property. It is just stunning! They are holidaying in Europe at the moment, so we stayed in their house. Some photos:


Anna & I




After home made pizza's and the movie 'wild hogs' we got some sleep ready for the mountain!

On Saturday we headed up to Bulla. The others had all snowboarded before, but I hadn't. It was soooo hard!!! I did manage to get the hang of it and not totally suck! At one point I even made it half way down the run without falling! Yay! The run was pretty long, must have been about 700m I think. Maybe even longer. We were on 'Burnt Hut' for anyone who knows Bulla. It's this run:

We snowboarded for a while, then stopped for lunch and I took off my boots! Ahhh! The best part of the day! Those damn boots weren't that comfortable. Damn hire boots...
Then we kept snowboarding and left at about 4:30pm, that's when everything starts closing down for the day.
Here's some photos from during the day:

"Alison" looking very snowy.

















Anna also looking quite snowy.
















Rob, once again, very snowy.




















And here is the group of us after the day had finished. We were all quite tired and sore. Me more than most. It's hard work getting up everytime you fall down coz your feet are strapped into a stupid board! So hard!
However, we had so much fun! I'm really glad I went. I pulled up sore the next day, but not as sore as I thought I'd be, so that's good.


Last photo. Isn't that beautiful? We had such perfect weather. It was lovely and sunny whilst still not being too hot. So pretty!

After the mountain we had dinner at the Mansfireld pub which was amazing! Such good food! Then back home to watch "Die Hard" and drink beer. Sounds pretty blokey eh? I slept soooooo well that night! Then we slept in a bit, packed up and headed back home.

All in all we had an amazing weekend. So much fun!

3 Comments:

  1. don't call me MA'AM said...
    Yay! Sounds like a great time... and you even provided us with pictures! Woo!

    Good for you for being such a trooper. I'm sure it was a great time.
    Dboy said...
    Damn I love the snow. Most of the fun is stacking and finding snow in weird places. "How did this get right in there?!?"
    Luke said...
    Cool photos. And yes! Those damn hire boots are the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE SHOES IN THE WORLD!!!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates