Monday, May 18, 2009

1st & Last

I got 8/8 for my footy tipping this week! Woot!

On another note, this is my last week of teaching rounds. It's gone so fast! This is week 5 of my placement at Heathdale Christian College. It's such an amazing school and I have truly loved my time there. I'd apply for a job there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so far away from my place! Stupid Werribee...
I am so impressed with the school. The staff treat both each other and the students with a real respect, and the students (well, most of them) respond by living up to the expectations that they will be responsible. I'm loving my classes, the kids have been great. I've had no major issues at all. Just kids getting distracted and talking, but what school doesn't have that! I'm glad none of them seem to be as bad as I was in high school! I was such a talker. Apologies to my teachers....
My supervising teachers are also fantastic. They don't treat me like a chore at all, but they really want to help me learn and succeed. I've had such much positive feedback. They're really encouraging. but they also provide me with constructive criticism in a really nice way. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying it.
I'll be sad to finish up, but I'll also relish getting my sleep ins back! I really really really miss sleeping in... Getting up at 6:15am is not my idea of fun... Anyone who knows me knows I am absolutely NOT a morning person!

7 Comments:

  1. Nomi said...
    OMG yay! SOCIAL LIFE!
    Mutt said...
    Ha, I want that as a T-Shirt
    Nomi said...
    I should market it, I'll be rich...ish.
    Ludicrousity said...
    You can make me a t-shit to celebrate my renewed social life! Or not...
    Luke said...
    What a shame none of them realize that those kids who have all been taking sick days one by one are all chopped up in the boot of your car!

    GASP!
    Lance said...
    Are you aware that you missed a vital letter in your post Megan? What should have read 't-shirt' now reads something entirely different.

    Congrats on nearly ending your rounds, sounds like you had a much more positive experience than I did.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Luke, that's just disturbing...
    Lance! HAHAHAHA!!!! I so did not pick that up!!! Big mistake!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates