Saturday, November 01, 2008

Erased?

It's quite surreal being home. I've been home for 4 days now. I know I was only gone for 2 and a half months. It's not that long. But it felt like a long time when I was there. It's a small community where you feel at home very quickly. You live and breathe each other and it feels familiar and comfortable very quickly. Now that I'm back it feels like I never left, which is weird. It's almost like that patch of my life has been erased. It's like it never happened. I can pick up my life in Melbourne where I left off and it's like I never went away. But it was a significant experience and I hate that it feels like it's been negated. I know that's a bit ridiculous but that's how it feels, like a significant part of my life has been taken from me. No one here was there, so no one can relate to it and coz I wasn't gone that long, my friendships just pick up where they left off, like I never left. I feel like part of my life has been taken from me. It's all surreal and strange. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all.

By the way, I'm not massively upset about it, just thinking out loud. It just feels weird is all.

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I have composed a poem to commemorate this blog entry... cos I'm bored. It uses some of the lines from your post enjoy!


    A patch of my life has been erased,
    my time away come to an end,
    perhaps those memories are just misplaced,
    or maybe all are pretend.

    my friendships just pick up where they left,
    as though I am just the same,
    but I feel there has been a surreal strange theft,
    or perhaps the sad quench of a flame.

    I'm not quite sure how I feel about it,
    maybe I'm just being odd,
    my time there was amazing I have to admit,
    but now i am home, thank-god.

    the end.
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's awesome Nooni! I love it!
    Luke said...
    That sucks. Then again, not everything can feel like the 20 minute epilogue from Return Of The King.

    Yes, I just compared your life to a movie... again.
    Anonymous said...
    *bet even
    Ludicrousity said...
    What? He didn't say you're poem suck. He said what I'm talking about sucks. You know, the way I'm feeling. That sucks.
    Luke said...
    Yeah, Nomi, I was referring to her blog post, not your poem. Your poem's awesome!
    Anonymous said...
    Sure sure... Jump on the bandwagon that gets you out of trouble Luke :P
    Anonymous said...
    The trip

    A patch of my life has been misplaced,
    by the terrible dingo of time.
    He lurked by the tent of my sudden return,
    to commit his most terrible crime


    My trip to the Alice is totally erased,
    Like a chronological dose of amnesia,
    And I pine the loss of my own little babe,
    My own existential Azaria.
    Ludicrousity said...
    That's a bit wrong...

    Who are you anon?

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates