Friday, August 22, 2008

Hey hey fellow bloggers. I finally have some photos. Oh yeah! It’s not really a blog from me without photos eh?

Things up here are good so far. On Tuesday we had an afternoon tea thingy where they showed us around the hotel and we met the people we’ll be working with. Then on Wednesday we had our orientation day. That was with the new people from all over the resort, whereas Tuesday was just people from my hotel (Sails in the Desert). There are about 30 of us who arrived this week, so there were lots of new people to meet who didn’t really know anyone. So now I have some friends. Yay! They took us out to the rock where we did a bit of a short tour thing, then went to the cultural centre to learn a bit more about the area. Then back to the resort for the legal orientation stuff. Not so much fun, but we did get paid for it! Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out around the resort getting to know people. There are 5 hotels here and a town square, so lots of places to go!

Then on Thursday I started my job. I’m just doing housekeeping at the moment. Not very exciting, but the people I’m working with are really nice, so that always makes a huge difference. The work is relatively easy, but not very interesting. At least I’ll be able to save lots of money while I’m here! There isn’t much to spend your money on!!! Although some people manage to drink it away…

There is a residents area that has a gym, pool and pub which we spend a lot of time in. Wireless internet is there too. Yay! It’s a great place to meet up with other people who have time off. No one here works a Mon – Fri job. We work 5 days a week, but it changes each week, so all sense of time disappears. It’s just what days you have on and off, weekends don’t really matter here. So anyway, so far so good. Now for some photos!

Ok, so it looks like I can't get the photos to upload...
I'll post some soon! If your'e on facebook, I've managed to upload some there!

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    glad its going well so far!
    i can't find any new pics on facebook though. it is completely possible i am blind.
    Ludicrousity said...
    Nah, I can't seem to upload photos anywhere! I keep getting error messages!
    Luke said...
    Heh, it's because the internet knows it's you. :P

    Sounds... rather dull so far, but saving money is good! And also, it's great to hear you're working with nice people. It'd suck if you were stuck with a bunch of grumps.
    Anonymous said...
    yeah like if you were working with me.
    Ludicrousity said...
    I'd love to work with you Nooni!
    Sounds rather dull?
    Not at all! I'm having a great time. There is so much to do, mostly just hanging out with people, but I'm having to turn people down all the time coz I need to sleep!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates